Re: How to get changelog file for a given _binary_ package?

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 03:17:54PM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:

> I would like to do this by periodically pulling the change logs for
> all packages that we have backported from the Debian web page
> (http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-changelog?package=$package) and
> then comparing the version number with the version number of our back
> port.

The get-changelog CGI doesn't seem to have worked for quite some time now.  I
don't think the problem is necessarily with multiple binary packages, but that
a lot of data is missing.  I am working on a replacement that uses a database
backend, but it would need to be hooked into dinstall/da-katie/whatever in
order to be most effective, and I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

--
 - mdz