How to get changelog file for a given _binary_ package?

Hi,

we use a number of backported potato packages and I am working on a
script that sends me e-mail when a new version of these packages
appears in woody.

I would like to do this by periodically pulling the change logs for
all packages that we have backported from the Debian web page
(http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-changelog?package=$package) and
then comparing the version number with the version number of our back
port.

This doesn't work for multiple binary source packages - for example,
for libdb2-util, the URL given above returns "No such changelog file".

Any other ideas how to do this?

Greetings
Marc