Re: Location of -doc documentation?

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 11:48:32PM +0100, Arthur Korn wrote:
> Joey Hess schrieb:
> > Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> > >  I just noticed that `apache-doc' puts the documentation under
> > >  "http://.../doc/apache";, while `debconf-doc' puts it under
> > >  "http://.../debconf-doc/";.
> >
> > Eh? (Debconf-doc is a package, that contains some documentation files.
> > It doesn't touch the web space at all.)
>
> Well, it touches /usr/doc, and /etc/apache/srm.conf has an Alias
> /doc/ /usr/doc/. HTH

I beleive the original point was that debconf-doc places its
documentation in /usr/share/doc/debconf-doc, while apache-doc places
its documentation in /usr/share/doc/apache, rather than
/usr/share/doc/apache-doc.  (Principle of least surprise, I suppose).

Cheers,

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.