Re: looking for replacement for run (because of critical bug in

On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 01:29:44PM +0000, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:41:54 -0500, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >However, I would say that if the program dies so frequently that it needs a
> >wrapper like this, it should probably be fixed.
>
> console-log uses less syslog which dies every time the user types "Q".
> And it needs to die if the log has been rotated.

It would be nice if less included a feature to close and reopen the current
file.  Then this would not be necessary.

Though maybe this program is forcing itself on the wrong interface to syslog.
Maybe it should really be reading from a fifo, a la /dev/xconsole, rather than
trying to read from files.

--
 - mdz