Re: NSA's Secure Linux Distribution

In article <[🔎] EDFD2A95EE7DD31187350090279C67670143C401@THRESHER>,
Brent Fulgham  <brent.fulgham@xpsystems.com> wrote:
>No doubt most of you have seen the NSA's secure linux posting
>on Slashdot this morning.
>
>Looking at:
>http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/docs.html
>
>there appears to be several utilities that have been updated
>to provide enhanced security.

Ofcourse it's not just the utilities - they rely on the special NSA
Linux kernel.

Packaging the NSA versions of the utilities is only useful if
Debian was also using the NSA Linux kernel.

The NSA Linux kernel is based on 2.2 (while 2.4 is due out soon),
it deviates from the standard kernel in a big way, and it is
higly experimental.

The kernel people are going to look at the NSA kernel, and might
merge the security features in 2.6 or 3.0, then again they might
not merge them at all.

So I guess it's not an issue. Unless you want to start a
seperate destribution, based on Debian: Debian/GNU/NSA Linux

Mike.