Re: x-session-manager alternative

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 03:34:44PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> But given that, maybe it'd be better to do something more like always
> running both a session manager and a window manager, and allow the admin
> or the user to mix and match them, to have xsm and enlightenment, or
> the kde session manager and sawmill, or something. Dunno if that could
> be made to work.

Usually a window manager is part of your session.

At any rate, I can add an option to Xsession.options that would bypass
session managers entirely; does that sound like a satisfactory solution?

I can call it "skip-session-manager" perhaps.

I hasten to remind everyone that all of this stuff is *fallback*, only
executed if there is no $HOME/.xsession.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux                |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy spot