Re: problem-reporting options : gnats or debian-bugs tracker

        Hi!

> i was working on something GNATS-related, then wondered if Debian had
> tried using it there or not. investigating it, i saw that you do have a
> bug-tracking system.

 I think you are looking for <http://www.benham.net/debbugs/>. That is
what Debian is using, and it is linked at the end of the main page of
our bug-tracking system, at least: <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/>, and if
I'm not completely wrong, on any further pages there, the link name is
"Available under the GPL."  :-)

> if it's GNATS, it could be another brick in the OSS bridge if that was
> added to a doc about it.

 I thought the above should be sufficient.

> if not, is the code of it available?

 See the URL above.

> ( if it is GNATS, there's a project now at SourceForge, with the goal of
> making a php interface for the problem-reporting, and eventually for the
> admin too. )

 It would have been kind if you could have named the sourceforge project
name. For the records, it's <http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnatsweb/>

 And, if you are mailing to different mailing-lists it would be great to
leave a pointer to which list replies should go to avoid seperated
traffic on all lists....

 HTH!
Alfie