Re: Authentication via PGP certification authorities

Hi Richard!

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Richard Atterer wrote:

> is it possible to get one's key signed by a Debian developer if that
> developer trusts a third party outside Debian, e.g. a PGP
> certification authority?
[..]
> FYI, the process of getting one's key signed by Heise is pretty
> strict:

While a signature by a CA might be sufficient to pass the ID check,
I hope no developer would sign a key because a CA did.

gpg: Good signature from "Richard Atterer <richard@atterer.net>"
gpg:                 aka "Richard Atterer <atterer@in.tum.de>"
gpg:                 aka "Richard Atterer <atterer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>"

Your addresses suggests you study in Munich. There are at least 3 developers there:

Oliver Bolzer <oliver@debian.org> (LMU)
Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> (TU)
and me
Peter Palfrader <weasel@debian.org> (TU)

It should not be that hard to get in touch with one of us to get your key signed.

--
Peter