Re: wanted: m4 macros to generate mutliple similar config files

* Brian May (bam@debian.org) [001213 02:22]:
>     Andreas> I am looking for an example of m4 makros to generate a
>     Andreas> hole set of similar configuration files (for isakmpd) for
>     Andreas> several hosts.
>
>     Andreas> Basicly in the resulting config fiels are very similar
>     Andreas> for all hosts and are a permutation of the involved host.
>
>     Andreas> but that is not the point, basicly I am looking for m4
>     Andreas> makros which read an input file and create several
>     Andreas> similar output files.

Let me make this more precise:
input is a list of IPs, privat networks and hostnames.
the number of output files are the same as the number of hosts/IPs.
But because this is about the possible connections between the hosts, each
single config file describes the connection of one host with all others.

> Have a look at my diskless-image-* packages. They use m4 extensively
> (/usr/lib/diskless-image/template/**/*).

I found exacty one *.m4 file in the source.
it was 54 Bytes long. (c:

I did not find so many m4 files in the /usr/lib/diskless-image/template

DId I get something wrong? what did you mean?