Re: sawfish 0.33.1 broken?

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>DB>   I hope this doesn't become a trend -- I realize that the Debian
>DB> menu system is becoming even less popular and supported these days
>DB> (mumble mumble KDE Gnome NIH) but I personally like it, and would
>DB> hope that our packages would support it out-of-the-box, without
>DB> requiring the user to edit config files to enable it.
>
>We can't, because if I define Debian menu by default, a user can't
>redefine this menu.

I was redefining my root menu long before 0.33.1 by having a
.sawfish/menus.jl file and fiddling with some bindings in .sawfishrc
(essentially supplying my own top level to debian-menu.jl). I've
attached the relevant files in another post to this thread. It was a
*little* cumbersome, but certainly possible; perhaps with appropriate
hooks in the package we could have the best of both worlds.