Re: libc6-dev and /usr/include/asm

Quoting Paul Slootman (paul@murphy.nl):

> > I noticed recently that the newest (woody) version of libc6-dev
> > does not include /usr/include/asm anymore? I was doing a compile
> > of a program that needed some kernel header includes like stat.h
> > and others, and it couldn't find them.
> What I'm wondering is why some program source explicitly needs
> /usr/include/asm/stat.h. I think the official interface is <sys/stat.h>,
> ie. /usr/include/sys/stat.h.  It looks like the program was badly
> written?

It just does #include <asm/unistd.h> and #include <asm/ldt.h> and
some others in other sources. That doesn't seem too weird to me??

I can't really understand why the documentation in
/usr/share/doc/libc6/README.Debian.gz literally states:

"Q1: Why does the Debian libc6-dev package create /usr/include/linux and
/usr/include/asm directories containing header files from a specific
kernel, ..."

but the libc6-dev package doesn't do that (anymore?). It creates the
directories, but it leaves them empty...

Should I symlink them again from now on?

Regards,
Sander.