Re: [OT] Re: how do i make my program better?

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 05:05:18PM +0100, Mariusz Przygodzki typed:
} On Sunday 19 November 2000 16:44, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
} > When I'm in a hurry (e.g., the system is in single-user mode because
} > critical part X has decided to die today), I do NOT want to spend time
} > searching the crappy index of an info page, or through each section of
} > an info document, which can be divided into *several* files.  I utterly
} > hate info, pinfo, and tkinfo; I want a pager like less when I read my
} > docs, or possibly reed if I have time.  I'm also not going to be very
} > fond of docbook output at this stage.
}
} > And man -k can be your friend.
}
} Fortunately info and pinfo handle man pages also. And pinfo does it much
} better than "traditional" man. So there's no problem if man pages exist but
} if any docs (man or/and info) are provided by given package.

Did you read what I wrote?  I have used pinfo with manpages and utterly
DESPISE it.

What do you mean "traditional man"?  Man just formats and pipes the page
through whatever pager you specify -- which can be less or more or most
or Your Favorite Pager.  And less/most handle things much better than
pinfo or info.

--
An Thi-Nguyen Le