Re: What "Personal Security Manager"?

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 01:05:07AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > This is not true, and has not been true for many months now.  All we must
> > do is agree that we will not do anything special to cause people in
> > certain US-blacklisted countries to aquire it from us.
>
> Those laws are still being changed.. unless I'm mistaken there was a
> policy change in the last month even.

There was a 4 month evaluation.  It's long since expired.  I recall a
policy change, so you may be right about that, but I also recall it didn't
affect us.

We've waited long enough.  And given the non-US packages that have been
placed directly in main already, I think we'd better cover our collective
asses by firing off the email saying that we're doing it since we are.  At
that point, the purpose for a non-US archive is all but nil pending
another US gov't screwup (which at this point applies to the rest of the
world just as much as the US, so anticipating its possibility isn't really
a very good reason IMO, especially given that the effort involved is not
substantial in comparison to the benefit..)

<Teller> where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?