Re: women in debian

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:43:39PM -0800, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> > I can't see how this matters all that much though.  We're all just dudes
> > who happen to work on Debian.
>
> many people are curious if women want to be a part of Debian.  Debian is
> the epitomy of the all guys testosterone engineering groups.  We fight,
> angle for superiority, and generally act like animals fighting for
> dominancy.  Traditionally women have had a hard time fitting in to places
> like that.  I saw it when i was in school.

Gee, from what you said it seems like Debian is a jungle... ;> I don't feel
there's anything primordial, violent or competitive in uploading packages
and fixing bugs, or whatever I do/did in Debian. Praise from users does
cause head inflation, though ;) but what's so male about that? ;)

Anyway, Debian's quite a phenomenon, I doubt that anything historically
described as inherently male or inherently female has to be valid in our
community.