Re: kdrill upload

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 01:49:16PM -0800, Philip Brown wrote:
> Hmmm.
> I just tried "debian/rules binary-arch", and that does NOT generate
> the all.deb file. So my rules file is as it should be.
>
> I did the build with the other arches, with
> dpkg-buildpackage -b
>
> which I thought should "do the right thing" in this case.
>
> But you're saying I should have used
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -B
> instead, I guess.

That's right.

> And someone else told me that I didnt HAVE to do the other architecture
> builds myself anyway, because there is supposedly an automatic builder that
> takes care of these things.

Usually.  It saves other people work if you can do them yourself,
though.

> Should I redo my uploads at this point, or just let things be, since my
> source package upload IS a valid package.

Please remove the uploads that you know will fail; that way you can
make sure the source upload is the one that gets in.   As it is, one of
them will be selected at almost random, and then the all.deb will
disappear, and all the others will fail...

Or just edit and resign the .changes files - remove the _all.deb, and
"all" from the Architecture: line.

Dan