Re: kdrill upload

[ Daniel Jacobowitz writes ]

> > Unfortunately, there is a small gotcha, in that there are thus multiple
> >  *.changes
> > files, which all reference a single cross-architecture package:
> >
> > kanadic_5.10-1_all.deb
> >
> > If this creates problems for the current maintainer/system, please let me
> > know of a better way to do this.
>
> That won't install.
>
> What you need to do is build the package using -B (or debian/rules
> binary-arch for the so inclined).  If an _all package is still built
> after doing that, it's a bug in your packaging.

Hmmm.
I just tried "debian/rules binary-arch", and that does NOT generate
the all.deb file. So my rules file is as it should be.

I did the build with the other arches, with
dpkg-buildpackage -b

which I thought should "do the right thing" in this case.

But you're saying I should have used

dpkg-buildpackage -B
instead, I guess.

And someone else told me that I didnt HAVE to do the other architecture
builds myself anyway, because there is supposedly an automatic builder that
takes care of these things.

Should I redo my uploads at this point, or just let things be, since my
source package upload IS a valid package.