Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

On 2000-11-16 02:05, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:
>> Not that Craig was right, that Thomas was in the wrong by suggesting that
>> Craig be kicked off the mailinglists.  Craig was a bad boy, but you don't
>> execute somebody for being a bad boy.
>
>I'm not sure I really want to do that; I think I mentioned that to
>demostrate that, in fact, there is something that can be done, not
>necessarily to propose it as the correct action.  What you suggest
>
>below, in fact, might be a good place to start:
>> Standards of Decency, yes: social pressure: yes, kicking off mailinglists
>> because of profanity: no
>
>So if we grant that kicking someone off a mailing list is bad (which I
>would probably agree with in the last analysis), then what exactly are
>the methods of social pressure which would work here?

Thomas, the social pressure here is on you to bahave better and not deserve
to be flamed.  As you can see many people agree with Craig in this issue.

Your actions in publishing private email are generally considered
unacceptable, Craig claims that your actions are illegal - but we won't find
out unless he chooses to sue you.

So far it seems that Craig hasn't published the email to you which he felt
was deserving of flames.  Without this evidence we have to assume that you
were deserving of being flamed.  If your email to Craig was so innoccuous
then you should share it with us as evidence.