Re: changing flavor of the linux world? was: craig sanders

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> Not that Craig was right, that Thomas was in the wrong by suggesting that
> Craig be kicked off the mailinglists.  Craig was a bad boy, but you don't
> execute somebody for being a bad boy.

I'm not sure I really want to do that; I think I mentioned that to
demostrate that, in fact, there is something that can be done, not
necessarily to propose it as the correct action.  What you suggest
below, in fact, might be a good place to start:

> Standards of Decency, yes: social pressure: yes, kicking off mailinglists
> because of profanity: no

So if we grant that kicking someone off a mailing list is bad (which I
would probably agree with in the last analysis), then what exactly are
the methods of social pressure which would work here?

Thomas