Re: DB3 symbol collisions solved...

> Uh, couldn't you just link libdb3 with -Bsymbolic ?
> A shared library linked with -Bsymbolic will do symbol lookup inside
> itself before looking at the global scope... which should resolve you
> issue...
>
> It might me simplier than munging weak symbols...

That might help, but then it doesn't solve the problem where apps call the
wrong db[23] symbol. It also doesn't fix the problem with libdb2 calling
db3 symbols (unless libdb2 is recompiled the same way).

I'll look into this, but I'm not sure it will help all the cases (but it
does sound interesting).