Debian GNU/${OS}

Hi, all.

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but it's tickling an itch
of mine now, so I thought I'd dredge it back up for discussion....
(Flames welcome.)

The Debian GNU/FBSD and GNU/Hurd ports are (IIRC) screwed in that the
we assume Linux kernels and only differentiate hardware architectures on
our software management scheme.

Isn't woody a perfect place to make the changes to support repository
structures with top-level symlinks supporting the current structure, but
making the repository like so (not literally):

alpha  ->linux-alpha
arm  ->linux-arm
hppa  ->linux-hppa
i386  ->linux-i386
m68k  ->linux-m68k
mips  ->linux-mips
mipsel  ->linux-mipsel
powerpc  ->linux-powerpc
sh  ->linux-sh
sparc  ->linux-sparc
linux-alpha/
linux-arm/
linux-hppa/
linux-i386/
linux-m68k/
linux-mips/
linux-mipsel/
linux-powerpc/
linux-sh/
linux-sparc/
fbsd-alpha/
fbsd-i386/
hurd-i386/    <- already exists!?
sunos-i386/
sunos-sparc/

Could woody be the first nonexclusively-Linux Debian release?

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>   URL: http://web.chad.org/   (GPG)
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced".