Re: Anarchism package

phil@bolthole.com (Philip Brown) writes:

> [ Eray Ozkural writes ]
> > My resolution: remove all this mumbo jumbo from debian (bible, quran,
> > anarchism, .*ism) etc. And keep the really useful ones like the dictionary.
>
> Even atheists can get use out of the bible package. When some lunatic
> preacher comes and claims something, then can do a grep or something, and
> say "YOU! You are possesed by SATAN. You are going against HIS WORDS!!!"
> and then watch them turn themselves inside out.

1. We have had this discussion before.  The conclusion, IIRC, was
   that such packages should be moved to the data section (if and
   when that appears, I guess.)

2. I am an atheist and I do get occasional use out of the bible
   package.  Sacred or not, the Bible is full of historical and
   cultural information and basic knowledge of it is important
   even today.