Re: Helix debian packages

* "Marcus" == Marcus Crafter <crafterm@dresdnerbank.de> wrote:

Marcus> I use Helix GNOME at the moment and are very impressed. The
Marcus> differences between it and the pre-packaged Debian version (at
Marcus> least when I installed Helix) were large.

I hear "Helix is so much better than Debian's" - what is the
difference exactly? They use the same source.

And if the Helix changes to GNOME are so great, why aren't they part
of upstream? Peter?

I am the Debian maintainer of mc/gmc, so I am interested to hear from
you, Marcus, in which way *exactly* the Helix mc/gmc package is better
than the woody one.

And no, I don't have time and resources to try out myself and to clean
up again afterwards.

Marcus> (Interestingly, I noticed www.gnome.org/start points users to
Marcus> Helix Gnome)

Not if you consider Miguel's position in Helixcode and GNOME.

Ciao,
        Martin