RE: Helix debian packages

Hi All,

	I use Helix GNOME at the moment and are very impressed. The
	differences between it and the pre-packaged Debian version (at least
	when I installed Helix) were large. IMO, integration of Helix into
	Debian would be great - assuming the aforementioned problems can be
	fixed.

	What can we do to help the situation ? Has there been any
	discussions with Helix about their version of GNOME and Debian ? Are
	there people from Helix on this (or other perhaps GNOME related)
	lists.

	Will Helix allow volunteers to help them out with packaging issues ?

	Can the two GNOMES exist in the debian archives together, and be
	installed independantly (obviously not at the same time) ?

	Sorry, lots of questions, I know - but the answers might help clear
	things up a little ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

	(Interestingly, I noticed www.gnome.org/start points users to Helix
	Gnome)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Steve Przepiora wrote:

> If debian adopts Helix gnome, bug reports would be filed and packages would
> be fixed. You have to take into account, 1 person packages Helix gnome for
> debian. This is a great many packages for one person to keep straight.
>
> Steve Przepiora

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750