Re: questions about most

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 06:39:11PM +0300, Eray Ozkural wrote:

> I love most's color man pages. :) It has some strange behavior with large
> files, memory dumps and pipes ;) but it's a better pager than more :)

*nod*.  it's taken the place of hexedit for me, due to it's rather nice viewing
of binary (shows it in hex, instead of showing a bunch of unreadable chars like
less).  Unfortunately, it does not allow you to ctrl-c out of a search.. So,
if you do something like `cat /dev/urandom|most` (as i did last night), and
try to search for something, it will happily chug along, ignoring your feeble
ctrl-c attempts, chewing up 100% cpu.  Even more fun is `cat /dev/hda|most`,
which i could only kill w/ alt-sysrq-i.  So, basically, it has bugs.  However,
it is still a pager; even if less's priority is higher than most (say, give
most 66, and leave less at 77), my plea is to at least register it ;)

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when