Re: Another solution (was Re: All services that require a restart from libc6 upgrade...)

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:36:59PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> It loads libnss_*.so.2 (* being "files" or "nis" or whatever). See the
> problem now? It can't use the *-2.1.3.so, because not all NSS modules are
> compiled with glibc, and even if they used that same convention, it would
> be next to impossible for them to stay in sync.

Except that if libnss_strange.so.2 isn't as tightly synchronised with glibc
as others (ie, you can mix and match the libnss and glibc versions), then
there's not an issue. If it is tightly synchronised, then it needs to be
properly versioned.

Cheers,
aj

                                      -- Dave Clark