Re: OpenROCK.Net opensource services disbanding. Looking for people to take over services.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 11:10:38AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> have some free time to set up the gateway only next month, unless you
> can provide me plug and play software (I plan to write my own, based
> on News::Gateway and my current work in newsgroups robomoderation).

I wrote pyg to do it. It is written in python and is in woody.

I use it on mueller.students.cs.unibo.it:5555 (119 is firewalled by our
cisco ....) to handle linux.debian.* (any missing ml can be added) and
some other ml in read only.

I'm would be glad to anyone will test pyg on other systems
and with other needings.

I accept any comment, advice and insult.
Any modification to arch of pyg is accepted if well justifed
(currently pyg is tuned on my own needings but I will glad
to change it if a better solution is found).

NOTE: mueller (and pyg) is a _best effort service_ of admstaff lug
 of computer science department of bologna university,
 so it doesn't assure service.

bye,
Cosimo.

PS: last release of pyg isn't in woody, it can be found at
www.students.cs.unibo.it/~alfarano/debian/sources
--
         K.Alfa <kame.primo at innocent.com>  -  Debian User
    GnuPGid 0xC9F7DB89/1024  -  Sei tu un Dio? No. Allora muoriii!!