Re: Debian in Yugoslavia

Tanovic, your reply is very hard to read!  Please try to seperate what I
wrote from your replies with a blank line or two...

I have reflowed this version somewhat...

I've also returned debian-devel to the cc:, so that other debian developers
can comment.

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:03:34PM +0200, Tanovic Branko wrote:

> > On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 11:31:58AM +0200, Tanovic Branko wrote:

> > > HI will like to help by developing site and support for Debian
> > > Distributions in Serbo-Croatian Language, my people will design
> > > the site and maintain with consult of Debian.

[I wrote]

> > I hope you understand Debian is a volunteer organisation, and that
> > therefore we don't enter into commercial deals, as such.

[Tanovic wrote]

> > > What do we need:
> > > -web space

[Tanovic responded in a later email]

> Ok the web space we need is to bulid a Version of Debian site in
> Serbian-Croatian language we don't want make are one site we just
> wane make yugoslavian version of debian original site.  if you
> canon't provide as a web space well try some free linux server for
> putting a debian web page.  But it would be nice that you provide as
> with webspace and DNS servers.

I think you have misunderstood me.

If you wish to make a serbo-croatian translation of www.debian.org, then
YES we are interested in your help (unless we already have enough
translators, I'm not sure). We will provide web space and DNS,
etc. --- all translations are hosted on www.debian.org itself.

That is simply a question of sending an email to
debian-www@lists.debian.org saying that you wish to help out with
translation, explaining which languages you can translate into and so
on.

> > Well, as you know, Debian can be downloaded for free from the
> > internet.  If your bandwidth is not sufficient for that, many
> > vendors sell Debian CDs for only a few dollars over the cost of
> > postage --- alternatively, it is possible that a debian developer
> > with a CD burner will offer to post you the disks for only the
> > cost of postage.  That would be an individual offer, though, I
> > can't promise it (I'd do it myself, but I don't have a CD burner).

> Ok this would not be a Problem but's difuclut do find good debian distr in
> Yugoslavia

I'm sure it is, but international shipping will not be that expensive
for a 6-CD set, so you can order from (for example) a UK or US distributor.

Jules