Re: [ot] <rant>grub is great!</rant> (was Re: woody Debian Installer plans)

One thing grub appears to be unable to do as well is compensate for a
broken BIOS.. But except for fixing the BIOS, what can? I have a
SCSI-based DEC server with an 8GB limited SCSI BIOS, and I didn't know it
until I attempted to upgrade the hard drive.

grub was able to show me what the problem was (BIOS 'geomerty' was
completely screwed up) but was unable to boot to the drive even from
floppy. :/