Re: woody Debian Installer plans

Neal H Walfield <neal@walfield.org> writes:

> > > The main problem is setting up translators under the hurd.  At the moment,
> > > this cannot be done.
> > >
> > No, but it can be installed right now from linux, so it must be
> > possible ;-)
>
> It is possible, however, it is not yet possible under linux.
>
> Right now, we dump a tar onto the target and force the user to reboot to
> run ``native-install''.  This program does the configuration: ie setting
> up the translators.

Right, and the proposed installer runs under linux... and one reboot
is always done during the install (currently, at least).

Andy

PS: Please don't Cc: me on lists. Thanks
--
Andreas Rottmann     | Dru@ICQ      | 54523380@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Pfeilgasse 4-6/725   | A-1080 Wien  | Austria      | Europe