Re: RFC: debchanges

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 03:56:02PM -0500, David Starner wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 02:24:01AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > - Is this useful to anyone else?
>
> Oh, yes. This is very cool. It'll save me a lot of time chasing down
> changelogs. Thanks. Is there any chance we could see it
> packaged someday?

Yes, I have packaged it already for my own convenience.  There is some question
about the final name...someone else in this thread has already pointed out that
it's a little too close to 'debchange' (better known as dch).  I would like to
resolve this issue before making a general release.  No need to clutter up the
world's status files with a package that will likely be renamed very soon.

I am actively soliciting suggestions for a better name.

Meanwhile, if anyone really wants the current package, it is available from:

deb http://www.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/ ./
deb-src http://www.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/ ./

The maintainer scripts don't do anything fancy; you will have to add the line
to apt.conf yourself.  The final version will probably (optionally) take care
of this for you.

> (BTW, to anyone else thinking about trying it, it depends on libnewt-perl,
> which should installed before you add the line to apt.conf.)

Correct.  Depends: perl5, libnewt-perl

--
 - mdz