Re: RFC: debchanges

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 02:24:01AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> For my own use, I have written a small Perl script that, given a status file
> and a set of .debs, will extract changelogs from the debs for all versions
> between the version in the status file and the version in the .deb (that is,
> all versions in the interval (statusversion,debversion]).  A copy is attached.

Nice stuff. Wanted to write something in this direction as well. Anyway,
what I would need is a tool which tells me what changed after the upgrade.
I do not care what is done before, I can fix it anyway. But I would like
to say "ah, foo does not work since the last upgrade, what has changed"?

Question is: How can you do it. One would need to record the package versions
before upgrading and generated the complete changes list afterwards.

Maybe I will take a look at your tool and twist it to do what I need.

Thanks

	Torsten