Re: Issues with releasing bzip2 1.0.1

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 11:41:39AM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:

> Plus I hate to have uninstallable packages. I'd rather plan to get all
> the packages depending on libbz2 recompiled (or NMU them myself), but
> keep woody installable.

Sorry, but I think there needs to be away to keep an libbz2, which is binary
compatible to the old clients, available in woody. Otherwise the upgrade
will break.

Hmm, thinking of it it might work. Installing a new imagemagick package
for example would trigger installation of the new libbz2 which would
in turn trigger upgrading all packages that depend on libbz2. Might work
but I think there is a way to break it with other dependencies.

So I would like to suggest we keep a compatible libbz2 in oldlibs.

Comments?

	Torsten