Re: the problems with Debian

>>"David" == David Bristel <targon@targonia.com> writes:

 David> That was poor wording on my part, as I am well aware that a
 David> large number of the developers are NOT from the USA.  BUT, the
 David> American tendancy to look at solutions to symptoms, rather
 David> than looking for the source of the symptoms is what I was
 David> refering to.  This tendancy has spread out through the Debian
 David> community.  I am not saying that ALL only look at the
 David> symptoms, but the, "You sneeze, take a pill to stop the
 David> symptom" approach that many appear to have is spreading.

	The problem I have with the layerd core + pther paclkages
 solution is that this is a diagosis that does not have any basis in
 real symptoms. It is all very well to theorize about probable causes,
 but unless the theory actually happens to match observations, we are
 probably worse off.

	SWaying you sneeze, so lets give you chemotherapy is probably
 a worse approach.

	If you disagree, pease show how the delay in this freeze was
 caused by base package changes (looking at the series of RC bug
 reports would be a good start, and figuring the percantages of these
 RC bugs caused by base package changes would be the beginning of
 proof).

	manoj
--
 Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. motto of the
 Christopher Society