Re: unixODBC and postgresql

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 12:14:43 -0700, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Now I cannot connect to my databases anymore. SQLConnect() is not able to
> connect to the remote socket. I did create the complete ini file anew to no
> avail. Just the same message again.

Have you enable connections through TCP/IP? Quoting
/etc/postgresql/postmaster.init:
	# Whether to allow connections through TCP/IP as well as through Unix
	# sockets: yes/no.
	# By default, for greater security, we do not allow TCP/IP access.
	# This means that only users on this machine can access the database.
	# PGALLOWTCPIP=no

HTH,
Ray
--