Re: [Fwd: svgatextmode-1.9]

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 08:40:54AM +0600, Sergey I. Golod wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> Today I want to patch svgatextmode-1.9 for adding pure devfs support(stm
> have hardcoded console
> name  - ie '/dev/tty[0-9]' in sources), and for begin just try recompile a
> package, but got next warnings and errors:
[big huge snip]
> ttyresize.o: In function `get_ttysize':
> ttyresize.o(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `outb'
> ttyresize.o(.text+0x91): undefined reference to `inb'
> ttyresize.o(.text+0xaf): undefined reference to `outw'
[another big huge snip]

The outb, inb, outw manpage says:

       You  compile  with -O or -O2 or similar. The functions are
       defined as inline macros, and will not be  substituted  in
       without    optimization    enabled,   causing   unresolved
       references at link time.

since you weren't using optimization, it's no surprise that you have the
uresolved references.

Salut,
Chris