[Fwd: svgatextmode-1.9]

Hello All.

Today I want to patch svgatextmode-1.9 for adding pure devfs support(stm
have hardcoded console
name  - ie '/dev/tty[0-9]' in sources), and for begin just try recompile a
package, but got next warnings and errors:

cc -c   -IXFREE/include -I./common -I./os-support -I./accel/s3 -I./include
-I.. -include xfree_compat.h xfree_compa
t.c -o xfree_compat.o
In file included from ../misc.h:27,
                 from xfree_compat.c:31:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:129: warning: empty declaration
cc -c   -IXFREE/include -I./common -I./os-support -I./accel/s3 -I./include
-I.. common_hw/IODelay.S -o common_hw/IO
Delay.o

ar rcs libxf86_hw.a common_hw/I2061Acal.o common_hw/I2061Aset.o
common_hw/I2061Aalt.o common_hw/SC11412.o common_hw
/S3gendac.o common_hw/Ti3025clk.o common_hw/ICS2595.o common_hw/CirrusClk.o
common_hw/Ch8391clk.o common_hw/IBMRGB.
o common_hw/STG1703clk.o common_hw/Ti3026clk.o common_hw/ATTDac.o
common_hw/TGUIclk.o common_hw/xf86_PCI.o vgaPCI.o
 mga_clock.o mach64/mach64_mem_access.o mach64/mach64.o riva128_clock.o
xfree_compat.o common_hw/IODelay.o
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/debian/svgatextmode-1.9/XFREE'
cc  ttyresize.o messages.o vga_prg.o setclock.o file_ops.o SVGATextMode.o
validate.o run_extprog.o wait_vsync.o clo
ckchip.o std_clock.o cfglex.o y.tab.o misc.o dump_cfgdata.o kversion.o
unlock_svga.o special_svga.o -LXFREE -lxf86_
hw -o SVGATextMode
ttyresize.o: In function `get_ttysize':
ttyresize.o(.text+0x81): undefined reference to `outb'
ttyresize.o(.text+0x91): undefined reference to `inb'
ttyresize.o(.text+0xaf): undefined reference to `outw'

I can't find reason for this errors, all #includes are ok,
I don't have a symlinks from /usr/include/{asm,linux,scsi} to
/usr/src/linux.

I have Debian woody(last update today), kernel-2.4.0-test8
dpkg -l:
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                   Version                Description
+++-======================-======================-============================================================
ii  adduser                3.19                   Add and remove users and
groups to resp. from the system.
ii  ae                     962-26                 Anthony's Editor -- a tiny
full-screen editor
ii  apache                 1.3.12-2               Versatile,
high-performance HTTP server
ii  apache-common          1.3.12-2               Support files for all
Apache webservers
ii  apt                    0.3.19                 Advanced front-end for
dpkg
ii  base-files             2.2.1                  Debian base system
miscellaneous files
ii  base-passwd            3.1.7                  Debian Base System
Password/Group Files
ii  bash                   2.04-6                 The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  bc                     1.05a-10               The GNU bc arbitrary
precision calculator language
ii  bind                   8.2.2p5-11             Internet Domain Name
Server
ii  binutils               2.10.0.24-1            The GNU assembler, linker
and binary utilities.
ii  bison                  1.28-5                 A parser generator that is
compatible with YACC.
ii  bsdmainutils           4.12                   More utilities from
4.4BSD-Lite.
ii  bsdutils               2.10o-1                Basic utilities from
4.4BSD-Lite.
ii  bzip2                  0.9.5d-2               A high-quality
block-sorting file compressor - utilities
ii  console-data           1999.08.29-12.1        Keymaps, fonts, charset
maps, fallback tables for console-to
ii  console-tools          0.2.3-14               Linux console and font
utilities.
ii  console-tools-libs     0.2.3-14               Shared libraries for Linux
console and font manipulation.
ii  cpio                   2.4.2-32               GNU cpio -- a program to
manage archives of files.
ii  cpp                    2.95.2-14              The GNU C preprocessor.
ii  cron                   3.0pl1-60              management of regular
background processing
ii  cvs                    1.10.8-1               Concurrent Versions System
ii  debconf                0.3.73                 Debian configuration
management system
ii  debhelper              2.1.8                  helper programs for
debian/rules
ii  debianutils            1.13.3                 Miscellaneous utilities
specific to Debian.
ii  deborphan              0.1.12-1               Find orphaned libraries.
ii  diff                   2.7-21                 File comparison utilities
ii  diffstat               1.28-1                 produces graph of changes
introduced by a diff file
ii  dnsutils               8.2.2p5-11             Utilities for Querying DNS
Servers
ii  dpkg                   1.6.14                 Package maintenance system
for Debian
ii  dpkg-dev               1.6.14                 Package building tools for
Debian
ii  e2fsprogs              1.19-2                 The EXT2 file system
utilities and libraries.
ii  exim                   3.16-3                 Exim Mailer
ii  fakeroot               0.4.4-6                Gives a fake root
environment.
ii  fetchmail              5.5.0-1                POP2/3, APOP, IMAP mail
gatherer/forwarder
ii  file                   3.28-1                 Determines file type using
"magic" numbers
ii  fileutils              4.0x-2                 GNU file management
utilities.
ii  findutils              4.1-40                 utilities for finding
files--find, xargs, and locate
ii  finger                 0.16-3                 User information lookup
program.
ii  flex                   2.5.4a-8               A fast lexical analyzer
generator.
ii  freetype2              1.3.1-1                The FREE TrueType Font
Engine, shared library files.
ii  gcc                    2.95.2-14              The GNU C compiler.
ii  gdb                    5.0-3                  The GNU Debugger
ii  gettext-base           0.10.35-15             GNU Internationalization
utilities for the base system
ii  gnupg                  1.0.2-1                GNU privacy guard - a free
PGP replacement.
ii  grep                   2.4.2-1                GNU grep, egrep and fgrep.
ii  groff                  1.15.3-2               GNU troff text-formatting
system.
ii  gzip                   1.2.4-33               The GNU compression
utility.
ii  hdparm                 3.9-1                  Tune hard disk parameters
for high performance.
ii  hostname               2.07                   A utility to set/show the
host name or domain name
ii  ifupdown               0.5.5pr-3              High level tools to
configure network interfaces
ii  info                   4.0-4                  Standalone GNU Info
documentation browser
ii  iptables               1.1.1-1.0              IP packet filter
administration for 2.4.X kernels
ii  kernel-image-2.4.0-tes 1.8                    Linux kernel binary image
for version 2.4.0-test8.
ii  kernel-package         7.17                   Debian Linux kernel
package build scripts.
ii  ldso                   1.9.11-9               The Linux dynamic linker,
library and utilities.
ii  less                   358-3                  A file pager program,
similar to more(1)
ii  libbz2                 0.9.5d-2               A high-quality
block-sorting file compressor library - runti
ii  libc6                  2.1.3-10               GNU C Library: Shared
libraries and Timezone data
ii  libc6-dev              2.1.3-10               GNU C Library: Development
Libraries and Header Files.
ii  libdb2                 2.7.7-2                The Berkeley database
routines (run-time files).
ii  libdbd-mysql-perl      1.2214-1               mySQL database interface
for Perl
ii  libdbi-perl            1.13-4                 The Perl5 Database
Interface by Tim Bunce
ii  libgd1g                1.7.3-0.1              GD Graphics Library
ii  libgdbmg1              1.7.3-26.2             GNU dbm database routines
(runtime version). [libc6 version]
ii  libglib1.2             1.2.8-1                The GLib library of C
routines
ii  libgpmg1               1.19.3-3               General Purpose Mouse
Library [libc6]
ii  libident               0.22-2                 simple RFC1413 client
library - runtime
ii  liblockfile1           1.01                   Shared library with
NFS-safe locking functions. Includes the
ii  libmysqlclient6        3.22.30-3              mysql database client
library
ii  libmysqlclient9        3.23.23-2              mysql database client
library
ii  libmysqlclient9-dev    3.23.23-2              mysql database development
files
ii  libncurses5            5.0-7                  Shared libraries for
terminal handling
ii  libncurses5-dev        5.0-7                  Developer's libraries and
docs for ncurses
ii  libopenldap-runtime    1.2.11-1               OpenLDAP runtime files for
libopenldap
ii  libopenldap1           1.2.11-1               OpenLDAP libraries.
ii  libpam-ldap            72-2                   Pluggable Authentication
Module allowing LDAP interfaces
ii  libpam-modules         0.72-9                 Pluggable Authentication
Modules for PAM
ii  libpam-runtime         0.72-9                 Runtime support for the
PAM library
ii  libpam0g               0.72-9                 Pluggable Authentication
Modules library
ii  libpcre3               3.3-2                  Philip Hazel's Perl
Compatible Regular Expression library
ii  libpng2                1.0.8-1                PNG library - runtime
ii  libpopt0               1.5-0.1                lib for parsing cmdline
parameters
ii  libreadline4           4.1-1                  GNU readline and history
libraries, run-time libraries.
ii  libsnmp-session-perl   0.75-1                 Perl support for accessing
SNMP-aware devices
ii  libstdc++2.10          2.95.2-14              The GNU stdc++ library
ii  libwrap0               7.6-5                  Wietse Venema's TCP
wrappers library
ii  lilo                   21.4.3-2               LInux LOader - The Classic
OS loader can load Linux and othe
ii  lintian                1.11.3                 Debian package checker
ii  locales                2.1.3-10               GNU C Library: National
Language (locale) data [binary]
ii  lockfile-progs         0.1.7                  Programs for locking and
unlocking files and mailboxes.
ii  login                  19990827-20            System login tools
ii  logrotate              3.2-11                 Log rotation utility
ii  lynx                   2.8.3-1                Text-mode WWW Browser
ii  mailx                  8.1.1-10.1.3           A simple mail user agent.
ii  make                   3.79.1-1               The GNU version of the
"make" utility.
ii  makedev                2.3.1-46               Creates special device
files in /dev.
ii  man-db                 2.3.17-2               Display the on-line
manual.
ii  manpages               1.31-1                 Man pages about using a
Linux system.
ii  manpages-dev           1.31-1                 Linux-development man
pages.
ii  mawk                   1.3.3-5                a pattern scanning and
text processing language
ii  mbr                    1.1.2-2                Master Boot Record for
IBM-PC compatible computers.
ii  mc                     4.5.51-2               Midnight Commander - A
powerful file manager. - normal versi
ii  mc-common              4.5.51-2               Common files for mc and
gmc
ii  mgetty                 1.1.21-2.1             Smart Modem getty
replacement
ii  mime-support           3.9-1                  MIME files 'mime.types' &
'mailcap', and support programs
ii  minicom                1.82.1-1p1             Clone of the MS-DOS
"Telix" communications program.
ii  mirror                 2.9-15                 Perl program for keeping
ftp archives up-to-date.
ii  modutils               2.3.16-1               Linux module utilities.
ii  mount                  2.10o-1                Tools for mounting and
manipulating filesystems.
ii  mrtg                   2.8.12-1               Multi Router Traffic
Grapher
ii  mysql-client           3.23.23-2              mysql database client
binaries
ii  mysql-common           3.23.23-2              mysql database common
files (e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf)
ii  mysql-server           3.23.23-2              mysql database server
binaries
ii  ncurses-base           5.0-7                  Descriptions of common
terminal types
ii  ncurses-bin            5.0-7                  Terminal-related programs
and man pages
ii  net-tools              1.57-1                 The NET-3 networking
toolkit
ii  netbase                4.03                   Basic TCP/IP networking
system
ii  netkit-inetd           0.10-3                 The Internet Superserver
ii  netkit-ping            0.10-3                 The ping utility from
netkit
ii  netkit-rpc             0.10-3                 The rpcgen and rpcinfo
utilities
ii  ntp                    4.0.99g-2              Daemon and utilities for
full NTP v4 timekeeping participati
ii  openldap-utils         1.2.11-1               OpenLDAP utilities.
ii  openldapd              1.2.11-1               OpenLDAP server (slapd).
ii  passwd                 19990827-20            Change and administer
password and group data.
ii  patch                  2.5.4-1                Apply a diff file to an
original
ii  perl-5.005             5.005.03-7.1           Larry Wall's Practical
Extracting and Report Language.
ii  perl-5.005-base        5.005.03-7.1           The Pathologically
Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  php3                   3.0.16-4               A server-side,
HTML-embedded scripting language
ii  php3-mysql             3.0.16-4               Mysql module for PHP3
(apache)
ii  portmap                5-1                    The RPC portmapper
ii  ppp                    2.4.0f-1               Point-to-Point Protocol
(PPP) daemon.
ii  procps                 2.0.6-9                The /proc file system
utilities.
ii  proftpd                1.2.0pre10-2           Versatile, virtual-hosting
FTP daemon
ii  psmisc                 19-2                   Utilities that use the
proc filesystem
ii  sed                    3.02-6                 The GNU sed stream editor.
ii  setserial              2.17-16                Controls configuration of
serial ports.
ii  sharutils              4.2.1-2                shar, unshar, uuencode,
uudecode
ii  shellutils             2.0i-1                 The GNU shell programming
utilities.
ii  slang1                 1.4.1-1                The S-Lang programming
library - runtime version.
ii  squid                  2.2.5-3                Internet Object Cache (WWW
proxy cache)
ii  strace                 4.2-4                  A system call tracer.
ii  sysklogd               1.3-33                 Kernel and system logging
daemons
ii  sysutils               1.3.7.1                Miscellaneous small system
utilities.
ii  sysvinit               2.78-4                 System-V like init.
ii  tar                    1.13.17-2              GNU tar
ii  tcpd                   7.6-5                  Wietse Venema's TCP
wrapper utilities
ii  textutils              2.0-3                  The GNU text file
processing utilities.
ii  time                   1.7-9                  The GNU time command.
ii  traceroute             1.4a5-3                Traces the route taken by
packets over a TCP/IP network.
ii  unzip                  5.41-1                 De-archiver for .zip files
ii  update                 2.11-1                 daemon to periodically
flush filesystem buffers.
ii  util-linux             2.10o-1                Miscellaneous system
utilities.
ii  webalizer              1.30.4-4.2             Web server log analysis
program
ii  wget                   1.5.3-4                utility to retrieve files
from the WWW via HTTP and FTP
ii  whois                  4.5.0                  The GNU whois client
ii  zip                    2.30-1                 Archiver for .zip files
ii  zlib1g                 1.1.3-9                compression library -
runtime

wbr, Serge.