Re: apt-get and proxy

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 01:42:18PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Hmm, strangely enough the apt-cache shows two versions.  Anyway
> > makedev_2.3.1-46_all.deb  was the one I was intended to install
> > (and did so without any problem now) and the checksums match!
>
> Hm. Sure does look like a bug. I'll need to see an strace to find out what
> it is exactly. I'd guess somehow squid's connection termination is somehow
> triggering something.. I don't know.

It is a bug? I always considered it as a feature. In my opinion it
shows all different versions in the package list cache?

If I have three sources:
source1 has package foo version 1.2.3
source2 has package foo version 1.2.3
source3 has package foo version 1.2.4

than 'apt-cache show foo' shows both 1.2.3 and 1.2.4. Isn't that true?
You must know! ;-)

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>