Re: apt-get and proxy

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hmm, strangely enough the apt-cache shows two versions.  Anyway
> makedev_2.3.1-46_all.deb  was the one I was intended to install
> (and did so without any problem now) and the checksums match!

Hm. Sure does look like a bug. I'll need to see an strace to find out what
it is exactly. I'd guess somehow squid's connection termination is somehow
triggering something.. I don't know.

> > See, the only time bytes are added to the hash is when they are written to
> > the file, so.. Well, what you are describing is impossible :> I'd like to
> > see strace -o /tmp/foo -f -ff's -s200 and script logs of an apt-get doing
> > this.

> If this would be the only chance to track down the problem I'll do so.
> Just tell me all things you are interested in and next week I could
> (hopefully) do such a test.

Yes.. do a rm /var/cache/apt/archives/partial and then reproduce the
problem. I do not want to see an strace of any resumes, so make sure
partial is always empty.

use strace -o /tmp/foo -f -ff -s200 apt-get install foo -q -d > /tmp/foo.log

And send me tar, gzip and MIME'd /tmp/foo*

Jason