Re: new-maintainer and delays (was Re: [some idiot troll who should have been ignored])

On 13 Sep 2000, James Troup wrote:

> "Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Looks like quite a backlog has been created by NM being shut down
> > for so long.
>
> Actually, no, way less than half the current backlog are applicants
> from the shut down period.

My last application assignment, which I made this morning, first applied
22-06-2000, so we are well out of the backlog. The problem is that people
are comming in the front door faster than we can process them. We are
currently doing an AM membership drive and getting good responses, so we
may eventually catch up to the current time with incoming applicants. At
least that is my hope.

Please keep in mind that this is a volunteer opperation. No one gets paid
for their contributions. Everyone provides as much energy as they have to
spare, so things can only happen when someone can spare the time to take
action. If you really think it is a problem then the best thing you can do
is offer to help rather than complain that no one is satisfying your
criterion for excellence.

Luck,

Dwarf