new-maintainer and delays (was Re: [some idiot troll who should have been ignored])

"Christopher C. Chimelis" <chris@debian.org> writes:

> Looks like quite a backlog has been created by NM being shut down
> for so long.

Actually, no, way less than half the current backlog are applicants
from the shut down period.

> But, after picking a few people to look at that are currently
> in-process, some have experienced some unbelievably ridiculous
> delays (see http://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=rbf@farrer.net
> for a good example .... does it really take a month or more to make
> a phone call?).

If that's all I had to do in my life, no, of course it wouldn't.
Unfortunately it's not.  Granted, DAM is becoming a problem, but a)
it's not the main problem (lack of contributing AMs is much more of a
problem), b) DAM appears worse than it actually is because my work on
it is sporadic and c) I am looking into fixing it (by taking on
mini-DAMers) in any event.

However, there is no longer any excuse for just whining about delays
in the new-maintainer process... if you don't like the delays, Chris,
feel to actually make a difference and sign up as an Application
Manager.

--
James