RE: bad press at www.linuxworld.com

> Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > This is a pretty nasty review of the installer
> >
> > http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-09/lw-09-vcontrol_2.html

Oh yes, the installer...

One of my friends, who is a total Linux/Unix novice, (but manages to keep
Win98
in usable state) said he'd like to try Linux. So I burned him a full set of
potato-tc3 CDs and sent him off. The rest of the day I stayed near the
phone.

Which wasn't neccessary... two days later he came by once more and said he
had
the system running. And wasn't that cool how you could backtrack to any
previos
step. This cfdisk stuff, much better than DOS-fdisk! I also remember
somthing
about those informative if slightly confusing help texts.

Don't get me wrong, he bitched about dselect & he can't actually do anything
on
the shell, but he got it up.

[For me, even dselect is fine now. I think it should even stay until we get
the famous package pools. Maybe better online help for dselect?
Tutorial-like?]

Bottom line: The installer is a Good Thing(TM)

Christian