trouble with portmap on diskless machines

Hi,
I have a cluster of diskless machines.
I've followed the instructions in the diskless package, and the machines
boot up as a result.
The diskless package is simply great. I'd spent a whole lot of time making
SuSE remote boot and thats what I have to use until i get Debian working
properly.

NIS doesn't work on the diskless machines. After some looking around,
I figured that it was the portmapper that really wasn't working.
It shows up in the ps listing, and there are no errors reported during
bootup for portmap.

But rpcinfo -p localhost says 'RPC: Remote System error - Connection refused'
and ypbind says 'Neigbour table overflow'.

Please reply straight to me, as I'm not on the list, yet.

viral