Re: Proposal: use BTS for wnpp

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 10:38:54AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> Let's add a virtual package "wnpp" to the BTS and use it for ITP's and
> what not.

It's rather surprising nobody thought about this before. Maybe we were all
just trying our best to pretend the current WNPP works fine. :)

The bad things about the idea is that the index page would be ugly, and that
in-site maintenance by the maintainers wouldn't be possible like it is now.
And that someone would need to whip up a perl (or whatever) oneliner to
process current wnpp .dat files and file it as bugs.

And, what about orphaned packages? 452343-adopt@bugs.debian.org would be
cool :)