Re: simple-cdd 0.2.0

> > well, being pleased to hear about debian-oven being inspired by
> > simple-cdd, i couldn't help but make a new simple-cdd release :)
> >
> > some of the improvements over previous versions:
> >
> > simple-cdd (0.2.0) unstable; urgency=low
> >
> >   * automatically include "default" profile
> >   * option to build local package repository

> Great. Is it actually tested?

yes. i always test my code before releasing it.  it is, however,
literally impossible for me to test every single way anyone can use
simple-cdd.

i used this feature to build a freekbox3 installer CD:

http://wiki.freegeek.org/index.php/Installer_CD

an example of how to use the local_packages variable in in
profiles/freekbox3.conf

local_packagtes is very limited.  it doesn't download the packages,
doesn't do dependency resolution, and you have to already have the
packages available locally.  you have to specify the full path to all
the .deb files (well, actually you should be able to point to a
directory containing .deb files, but i haven't tested that. sorry.)

i tried to figure out how to get the LOCAL and LOCALDEBS features of
debian-cd to work, with no luck.

> I set local_packages in simple-cdd.conf . And there seem to be
> troubles:
>
> * debpartial-mirror's mirror comparison still takes ages. I normally
>   skip it

i did nothing to change debpartial-mirror, that's a separate piece of
software. (well, the package from debian-np's alioth repository has the
manpages removed.  stupid, i know)

i've worked a little bit to try and use reprepro and an alternative,
since it's available in sarge, but i haven't committed any code yet.

when the new version of debpartial-mirror is working and released, i
will try and release a simple-cdd that works with that, too, and make a
backport (if needed) of debpartial-mirror for sarge.

> * checkpackages has no idea about local_packages .

i tried to fix this in svn.  not sure if it works.

> * checkpackages also has some bashism in it (my shell is bash, but the
>   script is /bin/sh)

if you could be more specific, that would be helpful.  checkbashisms
didn't find anything.

> * the debian-cd now barks off when creaing a disk about a syntax error
>   with '(' . Could not work around it yet.

what version of debian-cd ?  i have only tested with 2.2.22.

> > to download simple-cdd, stick in /etc/apt/sources.list:
> >
> > deb http://debian-np.alioth.debian.org/debian unstable main
>
> This is the copy I used. On a Sarge system.

with debian-cd from sarge?

live well,
  vagrant