Re: Propose for teh Devcamp

El Sun, May 01, 2005 at 11:26:30AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen va escriure:
> [David Moreno Garza]
> > Is there already a planned 'time' for us to work on the CDD-devcamp
> > during the congress (with all of the people from CDD present)?
>
> I believe we will have to organize the time ourself.  Some of us are
> expected to participate in the conference, and the rest of us can have
> a devcamp during that time.  All of us should be able to gather most
> of the time.  :)
>
> I'm arriving on wednesday evening, and leave on mid-day sunday.  When
> are the rest of you arriving and departing?  Should we keep track of
> this using some wiki?

  I've put one online since last month, but seems that nobody that is not on
  the irc channel noticed, I thought all of you were aware of it:

    http://cdd-devcamp.debian.net/wiki/

> We need a location with a while- or blackboard and Internet connection
> (both wifi and TP).  Access to an video projector would be nice too.
> I assume this will be made available for us, as this is fairly
> standard for workshops.

  As it is explained on the Wiki, we will have all of this.

> > Since I've been watching the schedule and most of the time is
> > covered by talks with people involved on CDD, I should ask for this.
>
> I believe you only saw the "official" schedule for the conference.
> Our devcamp will as far as I understand not be organized as part of
> the conference.

  True, in fact I've been asking for some time for help for the DevCamp
  schedule, but probably I've only done it on #debian-custom, as I've been
  quite busy lately.

  Anyway, we can prepare an schedule now, my idea was to start on Thusday
  about 9:30 or 10:00 on our room, until 13:00 there is no talk related to the
  people on the DevCamp, so we can introduce the tools and things we want to
  discuss about during that 3 or 4 hours (from 13:00 to 14:00 there is the
  Enrico talk, so somebody can go and others can stay on the DevCamp room).

  After lunch we have two round tables, one at 16:30 were everybody can join
  (the subject is Distributions for Non Profits, my idea was to discuss what
  are the needs of this type of institutions and I feel everyody can
  cooperate; besides, the round table is only 45 minutes and afterwards all of
  us can continue discussion until 18:00).

  At 18:00 there is the talk from Bart Conelis about Desktop Customization
  and afterwards there is a second rountable (I've proposed it about CDDs in
  general, my idea was to use it to talk about what each CDD wants to
  customize and how is the people doing it or would like to do it) and a talk
  about Skolelinux from Petter.

  The congress ends at 19:30, but we can stay a little more to close the day,
  if wanted/needed, and after we will have a dinner, so I believe we will be
  able to talk a lot... ;)

  On Friday we have all the morning free for the DevCamp until 13:00, and then
  there is only the Bdale talk and on the afternoon the only one busy is me (I
  have to talk on the LliureX project session, so I suppose I won't be able to
  join you until the closing act). After the closing act I'll probably have to
  for Saturday and/or Sunday (i.e. we can organize a Paella on the beach or
  the Albufera, if you want).

  For that last part would be good to know when is everybody leaving, but we
  can arrange it during the Congress ;)

  I'll put the timmings I've described on the Wiki and feel free to modify
  them.

  Greetings,

    Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69