Re: gcc-3.2 transition breaks build of KDE packages

On Mit, 2003-01-15 at 04:56, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> Yeah, I've noticed that.  Every time I (accidently) say something
> interesting and meaningful (to me, at least) during a youth group
> meeting, everybody just looks at me like I'm sprouting antennae.

Well, that doesn't mean that this can't happen to you if you're male. I
talked over a year to my neighbor in school about the extraordinary
achievements I made every day in the struggle for geekness until he
managed to tell me that he wasn't interested in any way at all...
Besides, all he talked about was computer games and after all I've
managed not to lose myself in the world of encryption algorithms and the
internals of file systems in conversation too often.

> Besides, there
> are 3 types of 15-year-old guys-- the ones who hate nerds (all nerds,
> that is; girls aren't let off the hook); the ones who are scared off by
> girls who are slightly more intelligent  than average; and the guys
> who are also somewhat more intelligent than average, but are so shy
> that they can't put 2 words together when they're within 20 feet of a
> girl. Or at least, that was my experience; anyone else care to
> comment?

Well I was fifteen too, three years ago and it fits quite well. Not just
for the behavior toward girls.....

CU, Philippe, taking part in the Debian self-therapy group =)
--
=(pagin@gmx.de)==============================<http://www.seeadler.net/>=
|   "Die kürzeste Verbindung zwischen zwei Menschen ist ein Lächeln"   |