Re: Promoting your website with bulk-email

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 00:54, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Yven Leist <leist@beldesign.de> [2002.10.15.0025 +0200]:
> > I am absolutely facsinated about how well spamassasin works as well, the
> > only thing I found a bit cumbersome is the fact that I had to tweak the
> > scoring quite a bit, since for instance a score of -1 for an
> > X_MAILING_LIST header doesn't really make  much sense if you receive the
> > majority of spam through debian lists ;-)
>
> i never changed anything and i'd say it's 99.9% accurate. currently it
> is missing some spams, but it's only getting 1-2 false positives per
> month, and i receive about 3000 emails a day.

ok, I really cannot come up with any similarly impressing numbers, so your
argument has to remain unchallenged ;-)
I guess what it boils down to is simply personal preference, since by
tweaking the scores I managed to get the number of misses down to zero, at
the expense of some false positives; and I'm actually perfectly happy with
that as there have never been really important mails among them.

cheers,
Yven

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de