Re: Promoting your website with bulk-email

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 00:08, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Marius Gedminas <mgedmin@centras.lt> [2002.10.14.2329 +0200]:
> > (I keep meaning to try that one day; spamassassin has too many false
> > negatives and occasional false positives)
>
> i am quite of the opposite opinion. spamassassin is awesome, my
> bogofilter experience was merely disappointing...

I am absolutely facsinated about how well spamassasin works as well, the only
thing I found a bit cumbersome is the fact that I had to tweak the scoring
quite a bit, since for instance a score of -1 for an  X_MAILING_LIST header
doesn't really make  much sense if you receive the majority of spam through
debian lists ;-)

cheers,
Yven

PS: in case anyone is interested in my modifications:
http://fastpage.dyndns.org/~leist/spamassassin-user_prefs

--

Yven Johannes Leist - leist@beldesign.de
http://www.leist.beldesign.de