My thought

I feel this should be the juristiction of the FTP team to decide what the
appropriate action is.

Clearly, there is no general guideline for when a file already in the
archive should be replaced or erased outside of the the normal processes.

Replacing any file in the archive immediately invalidates pre-existing
signatures. Some of these are user-visible (like the .dsc) others are kept
only for emergency use (like the .changes). Replacing/erasing source code
often can lead to licensing violations and may require purging large
amounts of binaries.

I think things like the severity of situation, the magnitude of the
change, the releases effected, etc all must play a role in deciding
when/if an extreme change should be made - and I think such judgement
calls fall well within the responsibilities of FTP master.

That effectively means that Branden cannot request the ctte to override
their decision because there is no overlap of responsibility.

Jason