Re: Future of debian-cd

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:06:55PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Something that Phil and I discussed a while ago - it should be
> feasible to produce jigdo images of CDs directly from Packages,

jigdo needs each file's md5sum and another, special checksum of the first
1k of data of each file. Those checksums would have to be made available
for download on a server for this to work.

But doesn't some architecture do something really dirty to make CDs
bootable - overwriting part of the image output by mkisofs, or similar?

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯